@5.10am I heard my alarm happily welcoming me to a new day. I've learned a habit for my early Sundays; Thanking God first before thinking about anything else. Because hey, how amazing is the opportunity to wake up crazy early, get my stuff and leave for church?! Who wouldn't love those 5.45am call times? I don't know.
I love taking the time in the morning to walk through Waterloo to get to my destination where I'll spend the next 7 hours. Waking up before sunrise in a quiet suburb and praying out loud while trying to sign the 20 taxi drivers that no, I don't need their services as they eagerly try to get me to hop on for that 7 minute walk I have to church. Yup, I'll pass.
This is basically what I thought on my way to church:
God told me in the beginning of this year while I was still home in Africa, to live easy. I had no idea what he was talking about until college started at the end of Jan.
"Salla, live simple, think simple, I'm with you."
If you've ever met me, you know that I'm not programmed to overthink anything but tend to have a "no worries" kind of attitude. So you can imagine my confusion when chatting with Daddy about all this!
"Ok, Dad. If you want me to live more simple than I'm already doing, you need to be a bit more specific."
Well, as you know God; he was. He has been telling me that this year will be busy with my internship in Hillsong International Leadership College, but that he is there with me. He will give me courage and comfort. He will guide me and strengthen me and He will be with me in every step of the way. How cool is that?!
Couple of days ago I started to think that why God is still reminding me of that. I thought we already accomplished it and I told him that I get it; He is with me in this busy and rather scary season. But the revelation came to me at Team Night last week, where I finally realized what he meant when repeating this promise to me over and over again. He spoke to me through a person who has no idea about it.
This person simply said "Hi Salla."
He said that to me 3 times (so biblical) during that day and every time I smiled and responded and then went on with my life with the task that I was doing at that time.
Later on that night when I got home and my beautiful flat mates were already asleep- something was bothering me. I went to the kitchen, put on some good worship music and started to doodle on my journal on the kitchen table.
Around midnight God finally revealed what he had been telling me all along:
"When she said 'hi' to you, it was me trying to get your attention. Salla, you know that I am with you this season but what you don't get is that you need to take me with you."
BOOOM!!
All this time I knew that God is with me but I didn't take him with me. Just like that person saying hi to me and me responding and then moving on with my life, I also acknowledge God but don't invite him with me to this journey.
I was shocked and humbled. In that moment I apologized Abba and asked him to come with me to this voyage of 3rd year. And you know what the best part is?! He just laughed and told me what a dork I am :)
That's all I needed to hear. He is so Great in his Grace that he doesn't think twice in coming with me when I invited him.
So what I learned on that 7 minute walk this morning?
- If God keeps on repeating something to you over and over again, it means that you're not really listening to him.
And that you're a dork!
That's all.
I love taking the time in the morning to walk through Waterloo to get to my destination where I'll spend the next 7 hours. Waking up before sunrise in a quiet suburb and praying out loud while trying to sign the 20 taxi drivers that no, I don't need their services as they eagerly try to get me to hop on for that 7 minute walk I have to church. Yup, I'll pass.
This is basically what I thought on my way to church:
God told me in the beginning of this year while I was still home in Africa, to live easy. I had no idea what he was talking about until college started at the end of Jan.
"Salla, live simple, think simple, I'm with you."
If you've ever met me, you know that I'm not programmed to overthink anything but tend to have a "no worries" kind of attitude. So you can imagine my confusion when chatting with Daddy about all this!
"Ok, Dad. If you want me to live more simple than I'm already doing, you need to be a bit more specific."
Well, as you know God; he was. He has been telling me that this year will be busy with my internship in Hillsong International Leadership College, but that he is there with me. He will give me courage and comfort. He will guide me and strengthen me and He will be with me in every step of the way. How cool is that?!
Couple of days ago I started to think that why God is still reminding me of that. I thought we already accomplished it and I told him that I get it; He is with me in this busy and rather scary season. But the revelation came to me at Team Night last week, where I finally realized what he meant when repeating this promise to me over and over again. He spoke to me through a person who has no idea about it.
This person simply said "Hi Salla."
That's all it took!!
Later on that night when I got home and my beautiful flat mates were already asleep- something was bothering me. I went to the kitchen, put on some good worship music and started to doodle on my journal on the kitchen table.
Around midnight God finally revealed what he had been telling me all along:
"When she said 'hi' to you, it was me trying to get your attention. Salla, you know that I am with you this season but what you don't get is that you need to take me with you."
BOOOM!!
All this time I knew that God is with me but I didn't take him with me. Just like that person saying hi to me and me responding and then moving on with my life, I also acknowledge God but don't invite him with me to this journey.
I was shocked and humbled. In that moment I apologized Abba and asked him to come with me to this voyage of 3rd year. And you know what the best part is?! He just laughed and told me what a dork I am :)
That's all I needed to hear. He is so Great in his Grace that he doesn't think twice in coming with me when I invited him.
So what I learned on that 7 minute walk this morning?
- If God keeps on repeating something to you over and over again, it means that you're not really listening to him.
And that you're a dork!
That's all.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti